Sunday, February 1, 2009

Officer Shane Figueroa Memorial Run

On Feburary 5, 2009 the ALEA recruit class #447 is running their very first Memorial Run. This run will start from the Academy at 1300 hours and end at the Academy at approximately 1500-1530 hours. The route will be: Academy grounds to 15th Ave.,15th Ave. northbound(including some canals, etc.) to Roeser, westbound to 19th Ave., and then returning the same route. The run is 7 miles in length, and is on fairly flat and easy running ground.

Their will be a brief memorial ceremony at the site where Shane lost his life :( For those that are unable to run, they can meet at the site of the memorial. Thank you!

They are also selling shirts for $15 at the run.
Here is what they will look like:




Sorry I know this is late, but better late than never :)

2 comments:

paige said...

I don't know if I can make it 7 miles, but I DEFINETLY want the shirt!

Figueroa said...

I'll see what I can do
about getting you a shirt.