Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Shane Cory Figueroa














On October 25, 2008, Shane passed away.
My parents got a call at 3am from Melisha, Shanes wife
that Shane was in a bad accident...
At 3:30 they woke me(kassidi) up to tell me what had happened.
As soon as i heard, I broke down crying.
So then we were off to the hospital...ran only a few red lights :/
When we got to the hospital there were a ton of officers
outside the hospital doors.
When they told us that Shane didn't make it...
Well it all went down hill from there.
We all started balling, practically falling to our knees.
We went inside and officers were lined up in the hallways
leading to the room where Melisha and her family were.
Austin arrived and we told him.
He didn't believe the bad news at all.
None of us didn't and couldn't believe it.
How could this happen,? especially to Shane.
He had his whole life ahead, a new baby girl, Kenzlie
and a wife, Melisha, who he loved more than anything.
He was so happy with his new little family.
Anyways, we couldn't get ahold of Bronson for a while.
Finally, Josh found him and told him what had happened.
He was shocked and crushed like the rest of us.
We got to see him in the hospital.
I couldn't comprehend that, that was Shane
lying there, not alive..not breathing.
That was the WORST day ever!!!
Luckily, we had all our family and friends
there for us in our time of need.
Thank you to everyone that has helped us
in the past difficult month.

5 comments:

Duncan Family said...

Kassidi -
I am sure that that blog was very hard for you. I know that we think about Shane and Melisha, Kenzlie daily, as well as your family. How greatful we are to know that Families are forever.
Love you guys.

hansen family said...

Kassidi- Wow, you guys have done an amazing job at sharing this hard time with everyone. You guys have done excellent with giving Shane the respect he deserves. Just know that you ALL are in our thoughts and prayers daily. I'm so greatful that you guys will all be together again. Love ya.

Steph said...

We love you and pray for you daily. I know there isn't much anyone can say to make things better or change the feelings you have inside. But I want you and your family to know that we love you and only wish I could take that pain away from you. We think of you always!

Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mom of Mix Kids said...

I have to comment...this is so devastating. I'm so sorry. I googled the name Kenzlie and was led to your blog. (I'm thinking about naming our next baby Kenzlie)Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that my heart goes out to you and your family. I can't even imagine a tragic accident like this happening to me. I'm sure the only bit of slight comfort is to know that you will see him again and that families truly are forever. Again, my heart and prayers go out to you. May our Father in Heaven bless your family.